The Duco Data Platform gives you access to all your reconciliation and exceptions data, and the security of this system is of paramount importance to us. Your ODBC connection is encrypted using the same secure https connection and certificate as access to Duco, but authenticated using a different, dedicated, username and password. These credentials are automatically generated for you when your Data Platform instance is enabled, but for security reasons cannot be emailed or attached directly to a ticket. Please use the following these steps to get your Data Platform credentials securely:
1. You, or someone in your technical team, will need to generate an RSA public/private key-pair. We recommend Gnu Privacy Guard (GPG), using the 4096 bit RSA format, to generate a PGP industry standard key pair. Instructions: https://help.github.com/articles/generating-a-new-gpg-key/
2. Send the PUBLIC section of the generated key-pair to Duco (via a support ticket or email)
3. A Duco support engineer will then access your Data Platform password and encrypt it using your Public Key. At this point only the holder of the Private Key can decrypt it
4. We will send the username and encrypted password back, via support ticket or email.
5. You, or someone in your technical team, can then use your Private Key to decrypt the password
That’s it! You will now have your Data Platform username and password and can use the ODBC connector of your choice to connect and begin visualising your data. (Don’t worry about holding onto the key-pair - it won’t be used to secure any further part of the process).
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact your Duco Customer Success representative.