Duco normally includes in the results only the matched fields, but it is possible to finely control which fields appear in the results and how. More specifically:
- include in the results also fields that are not used for matching
- show the difference in value for numerical matched fields
- exclude fields from the results
- pick the order in which fields appear in the results
Suppose that need to match the following data...
- Set up the Data inputs as the picture below shows:
- Match the fields as the picture below shows:
Running the matching process gives the following results:
Adding reported fields
As usual, the results list the values of the fields that Duco is matching. But it's possible to change how Duco reports the results from the Reported fields screen.
- Click on Settings → Reported fields
This takes you to the following screen
The box on the right hand side of the screen shows the fields that are currently reported. We can add the "Payment ID" fields from "Data set A" and "Data set B". They are not used for matching, but it is probably useful to see them in the results. To do this:
- Click on "Data set A"
- Select "Payment ID"
- Click on the right-arrow button to add the "Payment ID" field to the reported fields
- Do the same also for the "Payment ID" field in "Data set B".
The result is as follows:
It is also possible to report the difference for numeric fields. In this example we can report the difference in the "Amount" field.
- Click on "Differences"
- Select "Amount difference"
- Click on the right-arrow button to add "Amount difference" to the reported fields
Note that the difference is calculated as: abs(left_value - right_value). E.g., 30 vs 35 shows 5 as result.
Reorder reported fields
Finally, you can also reorder the reported fields:
- Select the field that you wish to reorder
- Press the up and down arrow buttons to move the field
After running the matching process with these settings, a match result looks as follows:
We can see that:
- The "Payment ID" fields appear in the result. They appear grayed and in italics to indicate that these fields are not used for matching.
- The difference for the field in "Amount" appears.
- The fields appear in the order specified in the Reported fields screen
Remove reported fields
You can remove a reported field as easily as you can add it.
- Select the field that you wish to remove
- Click on the left-arrow button to remove the filed. The filed will be shown among the unreported fields.