Once you have downloaded the Tableau workbook locally, you can go ahead and configure the data source by following the steps outlined below:
1. When you open the workbook, Tableau will first prompt you that there was a problem connecting to the data source. Please click on "Edit Connection".
2. Fill in your standard connection details, remembering to replace name with the name of your instance (i.e. the section between https:// and .ducocube.com or .duco-app.com):
- Server (name.ducocube.com or name.duco-app.com)
- Port: 21050
- Type: Impala
- Authentication: Username and Password
- Transport: SASL
- Username: name_read_only
- Require SSL: please tick this box
3. Tableau will now redirect you to the Data Source tab. On the left-hand side pane please select your data schema (name_data) by clicking on the Search icon and then selecting the schema name:
4. When the schema is selected, you will notice that all the tables will load on the left-hand side pane (there should be in 98 tables in total).
5. The next step is to rebuild the table joins. To do so:
- Remove all the tables that are highlighted in red (right-click on the table and then click Remove):
- Once removed, please re-create the same table join configuration. You can achieve this by moving the tables from the left-hand side pane to the “main pane”.
- Please then configure the table joins as follows:
- Runs connected to Processes on process_id / Code field – inner join
- Processes connected to Users on user_id (users) = last_run_user_id (processes) – left join
- Please note that you don’t necessarily need to use the runs_year_to_date table. If you’re interested in last month's runs only you can use runs_last_month instead; or if you want to see all the runs you can also use runs_all.
6. Once the data source is recreated you can then navigate to the dashboard tab and enjoy your new data platform dashboard in Tableau!
Quick Tip: By default Tableau creates Live connections to the database. You can select the “Extract” connection instead. The benefits to this are:
- It’s faster to view the dashboard
- When you’re also using Tableau Server or Tableau Online you can then publish the extract to the server and schedule automatic data refreshes
If you have any questions, please raise a support ticket by clicking here or contact your Customer Success Manager.