As part of your start of day control, you may want to begin with an overview of account balance and statement statuses. You can use the Account Overview screen for this.
The Account Overview screen shows the following information of all the account groups across cash processes:
- Latest statement date and total balances from each side
- Total amount of unmatched items
- Proof amount - any difference in balance that is not explained by unmatched items
- Statement errors - Duco performs two checks on statements
- Consistency check - opening balance plus all the transactions equal to the closing balance within a statement
- Continuity check - opening balance of a statement is the same as closing balance of previous statement
- Account group and the current auto-matching statuses:
- Idle - submitted data has been processed, user can work on them anytime
- Pending - new data has been submitted and is waiting to be processed, user should not work on them
- Matching - Duco is now matching data in this account group, user cannot work on them
You can export the current snapshot of these data into Excel spreadsheet.
Use the View menu to save your current set of filters and sorting criteria as default view, so that next time when you access this screen the same settings will be applied.
Clicking on the Account group name will direct you to the Recent transactions tab of that cash reconciliation process, pre-filtered by the selected account group. You can then browse through the recent data from that group and work on them.
Clicking on the Number of exceptions will direct you to the Unmatched tab of that cash reconciliation process, pre-filtered by the selected account group. This in turns showing you all the unmatched transactions of that account group, for you to investigate and apply appropriate actions.
When you finish working through those transactions, simply click Back on your browser to go back to the Account overview screen and continue with the next account group.