This page explains how to suspend and revoke the suspension of a user (aka lock and unlock a user).
There are two ways in which a user's account can become suspended:
- A System Administrator may suspend a user to temporarily prevent them from accessing Duco.
- A user is auto-suspended when an incorrect password is entered three times.
Suspend a user
Sometimes it's necessary to prevent a user from accessing Duco, without wanting to delete the user or change the user's permissions. For example, if the user leaves the company temporarily. You can do this by suspending a user. A user suspension can be revoked at any time, enabling the user to log in again and use Duco as usual.
To suspend a user:
- Click on the More tab from the top of the screen. This will then allow you to select Administration.
- From the Administration Overview screen, click on Users.
- Click on the Suspend user button at the bottom right of the screen. Once a user has been suspended the button changes to Revoke suspension.
Unlock a locked user account
A user who attempts to log in and enters three times a wrong password will be automatically suspended. The user will see a message like the following:
To revoke a user's suspension:
- Click on Administration → Users
- Select the relevant user
- Click on Revoke Suspension
The user will receive a confirmation that the account was unlocked.